[ad_1]
GurugramResident of : Chintel ParadisoWhere two persons died in a vertical collapse of flats last year, it has sought amendments to the settlement offer submitted by the developer.
This step has been taken three days after the instructions of the district administration Chintels IndiaThe developer of the Sector 109 society will have to either settle the claims of the flat owners within four months or renovate/reconstruct the building as per the recommendation of the expert.
The developer has introduced two options. If a homeowner opts for the flat buyback option, Chintels will pay the cost of the flat (Rs 6,500/sq ft), and refund the stamp duty along with the cost of interior work done to the house.
If it is not there, a homeowner can opt for renovation or reconstruction of the flat, provided they pay Rs 1,000 per sq ft to the developer. Many have protested the term, calling it “inappropriate”. A group of residents also met local MLA Rakesh Daulatabad on Saturday and sought his intervention. Daulatabad assured them that he would take up the matter with the district administration.
Meanwhile, the developer did not respond to requests for comment by TOI.
Vikram Gambhir (68), owner of a flat in Tower D of the society, said his home and dreams were destroyed last year and now, his hopes of justice have been crushed by such a proposal.
“I am in a state of complete shock after receiving this absurd offer from the developer. At the rate they are offering in this locality, we will never get a flat of the same size. If we choose to rebuild, we will There will be a burden of paying extra while the builder has not committed to pay the rent during construction. How is this justified? It is the responsibility of the developer to ensure quality construction,” he said.
The residents have also demanded that till their flats are reconstructed and constructed in a time-bound manner, the rent should be paid.
“Even after more than a year, the chintel has not reached the residents. They are now proposing reconstruction with terms and conditions that no one will accept. All this is being done to remove the ban on the registry of their properties. There is no guarantee that it will be constructed in three years. We want the developer to continue paying the rent till the construction is completed,” said Sushil Rohilla, a resident of Tower F.
“We urge the administration to continue paying the rent if the owners do not opt for the buyback offer. Also, the condition of paying Rs 1,000 per sq ft should be removed if buyers choose to reconstruct the flats on the same site. Paradiso RWA president Rakesh Hooda said, this will put additional burden on the flat owners.
[ad_2]
Source link
