[ad_1]
Gurugram: Town and Country Planning Department (DTCP) instructed the developer on Wednesday Chintel Paradiso To shift residents of Towers E and F in Sector 109 residential project with immediate effect.
in a letter to Chintels IndiaDeveloper, District Town Planner (Enforcement) Manish Yadav Said that he has to provide monthly rent at the rate of Rs 15 per square feet to the residents of these two towers. He said the developer would have to enter into a rental agreement for a period of 11 months and pay rent till the claims of the residents are settled.
Yadav further said that six months’ rent will have to be paid immediately. Also, a lump sum amount of Rs 40,000 will be paid as shifting charges to each flat owner of these two towers. In the letter, the DTP further said that Chintels would have to sign an agreement within 10 days.
Speaking to TOI, Yadav said that both these towers have been declared unsafe to live in by IIT-Delhi following a structural audit. “We have directed the builder to shift the residents of both the towers and settle them on a temporary basis. We also appeal to the residents to vacate these towers with immediate effect for their own safety.
A Chintels spokesperson said the company is following the directions of the district administration and other concerned authorities. “We are seeking the intervention of the district administration in vacating the towers for the safety of the residents. We will follow the guidelines issued by DTCP regarding rent of 15 square feet to the residents of Tower E and F.
On February 16, Yadav directed the developer to vacate the flats in the two towers with “immediate effect”, days after the district administration said the two buildings were unfit for habitation and had structural defects exposed. An IIT report was cited.
This is the third time that the developer has been asked to vacate the two towers. On November 10 last year, the then district town planner Amit Madholia issued such an order following complaints of construction irregularities and sagging balconies. The developer was asked to submit a timeline and the procedure to be followed to vacate the flats within five days.
But the residents – around 42 families – refused to leave the flats citing lack of acceptable compensation. After this the developer wrote to the deputy commissioner Nishant Yadav seeking his intervention.
[ad_2]
Source link