[ad_1]
GurugramDeveloper of : Chintels ParadisoWhere four buildings have been declared unsafe to live in after a cave-in in a tower in February 2022, said on Tuesday it is withdrawing the proposal to reconstruct or renovate the flats of the affected home buyers as so far No one has selected it. ,
The first proposal – to compensate home buyers of towers D, E and F by paying Rs 6,500 per sq ft and refunding stamp duty along with the cost of renovated interiors – still stands, Chintels India Said. According to the developer, around 80 home buyers have already chosen option 1.
There are 180 flats in all the three towers.
“We have withdrawn the second option as not a single flat owner has accepted the terms and conditions so far. However, the first option is still open…” the developer said in a letter to the RWA of the society and the district administration.
“Around 80-85 families have chosen option 1, out of which around 52 agreements have been signed. These 52 flat owners have been given 10% of the check amount,” read the letter.
The Sector 109 society is under scrutiny after a sixth-floor flat at Tower D collapsed on February 10 last year, causing a vertical collapse and killing two women. In a structural audit conducted after the incident, towers D, E and F were declared unfit for habitation, while tower G was later added to that list.
Society’s RWA president Rakesh Hooda said the second option of reconstruction/renovation of buildings was “not viable”. Flat owners will have to pay Rs 1,000 per sq ft and will not have any deadline for possession of their flats.
The district administration and the developer should come up with a new option 2 which includes paying monthly rent to the displaced flat owners, waiving off the amount and giving a specific time for possession,” said Hooda.
A spokesperson for the developer said there was no buyer for Option 2 due to uncertainties regarding approvals, timelines and future of the company. “We would be happy to entertain more flat owners interested in Option 1. Full and final payment will be made on first come first serve basis. Chintels India assures the RWAs and residents of Paradiso of our full cooperation in future and hopes that we can work together towards a speedy resolution,” the letter said.
