SC issues notice to Chintels India, asks how recently constructed structure collapsed Real Estate News, ET RealEstate

[ad_1]

    file photo
file photo

New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday agreed to hear the petition of the residents of Delhi Gurugram‘s Chintel Paradiso The society, a portion of which collapsed in February killing two women, is demanding compensation and action against the developer.

A bench of Justices KM Joseph and Hrishikesh Roy issued the notice Chintels India Pvt Ltd and sought its reply on the petition filed by the residents.

“If you see your advertisement, it says it is a green and beautiful apartment. But it is beautiful only in the picture, not in reality. How could a structure which was built recently collapse like this? It is a very serious issue. We will issue notice, the bench said.

Advocate Prashant Bhushan, appearing for the petitioners, residents of Chintels Paradiso Society in Sector 109, Gurugram, submitted that the audit of the structures shows that the building is unsafe.

He said that the residents have been asked to vacate all the towers, so the builder should pay the rent.

The counsel appearing for the builder told the court that the inspection is being done by the IIT and the cost is being borne.

The matter will now be taken up for consideration by the Bench on January 6, 2023.

Earlier in February, roofs of several flats in one of the complex’s towers collapsed, killing two people.

Following the partial collapse in Tower D, the Department of Town and Country Planning (DTCP) had ordered a structural audit of the affected towers. A Special Investigation Team headed by Additional Deputy Commissioner was also constituted to probe the incident.

After a structural audit, the authorities have recommended the demolition of the tower in question and evacuation of the surrounding towers.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *