Resident Protest, Seek CM’s Help, Real Estate News, ET Real Estate

[ad_1]

    file photo
file photo

GurugramResident of : malibu town Protesters took to the streets on Sunday against the complete ban on registry of properties in Basti and demanded the Chief Minister’s intervention to lift the ban. This comes after the closure order issued by Haryana State Pollution Control Board ,HSPCB) in December last year.

The residents have submitted a memorandum addressed to the chief minister to SDM Ravinder Yadav, seeking his intervention only to limit the operation of the HSPCB order against the developer. Restrictions on sale deeds of properties purchased and owned by residents should be removed.

The HSPCB has issued a closure notice to the developer for alleged violation of environmental norms during the construction of the township, following a complaint filed with the NGT by Raman Sharma, an RTI activist and resident of the colony.

The closure order has adversely affected the residents, especially those who are in the middle of selling and buying properties. “The sale agreement was signed on 10th December and on 23rd December they banned the registry. I came to know about the ban in January when we went for registration. I have already vacated my flat. The transaction has not been completed and as a result I am living in a rented accommodation,” said KK Grover, a resident.

Malibu Town RWA president Vijay Shiv Nath said, “The closure notice is affecting other development works that were to be done by the MCG and other departments. The HSPCB order should be directed towards the developer for any discrepancies, whether Be it environmental clearance or waste discharge. Why penalize residents who have already paid their dues?”

Developed in 1992-93, the township is spread over 204 acres in Sectors 47 and 51. Currently, there are 2,500 families living in the township.

When contacted, sub-divisional magistrate Ravinder Yadav said, “I have received the memorandum submitted by the residents and all their demands will be put up for the government’s consideration.”

Meanwhile, the representative of the developer said that they are going to challenge the closure order. “All the allegations have not been proved yet, yet the pollution board has issued the closure order. They have taken water sample on a trivial complaint of a resident and we are repeatedly requesting pollution board to take another water sample but till date they have not taken water sample. We have recently formed a party in NGT and we are going to challenge this order.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *