Mini prod state to ensure people get Pmay-g houses, Real Estate News, ET Real Estate

[ad_1]

    file photo
file photo

Bhubaneswar: Amid allegations of irregularities in the allotment of houses under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G), Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan Said here on Friday that the state government should take the responsibility of ensuring that the eligible beneficiaries get houses.

Talking to reporters on the sidelines of an event in the city, Dharmendra said the state government should be thankful to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for relaxing the rules. Odisha So that eligible beneficiaries are not left out in the state.

He was referring to the Union Ministry of Rural Development, which allowed the state to enter data of 9.5 lakh new beneficiaries in the Awaas Plus portal in November last year after the portal was closed in 2019, where a waiting list of eligible beneficiaries was created Went.

“The government must now maintain transparency and integrity in the selection process. In a meeting in Delhi, the state government had agreed to give houses to the eligible beneficiaries,” said the Union minister.

BJD MLA Soumya Ranjan Patnaik, in response to Dharmendra, said that the state also wants that only deserving people get the benefit of housing. He said that if there is any mistake, it will be rectified in the process of investigation.

The state government on Monday published a provisional list of 9.59 lakh housing beneficiaries till January 24 for public scrutiny, after which the list would be finalized and those sanctioned houses under PMAY-Gramin, The state BJP has alleged massive manipulation in the list.

The 9.59 lakh houses sanctioned include 8.17 lakh houses for eligible beneficiaries who were on the waiting list and 1.42 lakh for families whose houses were damaged by Cyclone Fani in 2019.

The BJP alleges that over 1.5 lakh eligible beneficiaries have been left out in the draft list published by the state government while many names have been included under political consideration.

Union Minister of State for Rural Development Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti told the Lok Sabha last month that the Center has already sanctioned houses for 18.36 lakh of the 32.36 lakh eligible beneficiaries in Odisha. Out of these, construction of 17.13 lakh houses has been completed.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *