[ad_1]
New Delhi: The NCLAT Thursday’s order upheld NCLT who rejected the petition of the real estate firm Wave Megacity Center Initiated insolvency proceedings against himself and imposed a fine of Rs 1 crore.
The Insolvency Appellate Tribunal found that the company’s plea to initiate insolvency proceedings against itself under Section 10 of the IBC was with a “malicious intention” and was “to shield the corporate debtor from liabilities, responsibilities and prosecution”.
In June last year, the Delhi-based Principal Bench of the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) dismissed a petition filed by Wave Megacity Centre, which is developing commercial and residential projects in Sectors 25A and 32. NoidaUttar Pradesh.
The NCLT had also allowed the petition filed by 33 home buyers under section 65 of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) to dismiss the company’s application filed under section 10 of the Code.
Section 10 of the IBC allows a debtor to initiate insolvency resolution process against itself if it has committed a default. Section 65 deals with fraudulent or malicious initiation of voluntary insolvency proceedings and empowers the NCLT to impose fines up to Rs 1 crore.
The NCLT order was challenged by Wave Megacity Center before the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT), which also dismissed it.
A two-member bench headed by Chairperson Justice Ashok Bhushan said: “When the finding recorded by the NCLT is that the Section 10 application is fraudulently and maliciously initiated, irrespective of the debt and default, the Adjudicating Authority may accept the Section Not bound to do 10 applications.”
The NCLAT, in its 27-page order, also observed that director Manpreet Singh Chadha has been transferred as a financial creditor of the company.
“Resignation of directors a few months before the filing of the Section 10 application, particularly Manpreet Singh Chadha, who was a director from day 1 and claiming dues as a financial creditor in the Section 10 application, completely exposed the malafide intention of the corporate debtor prove it,” it said.
It further said that there is no doubt that 90 per cent of the amount was received from homebuyers, which was claimed to be Rs 1,400 crore, but Wave Megacity Center has left most of the project incomplete, depriving the buyers of possession. Have given.
The NCLAT order said, “The allegation made by the homebuyers that the amount has been misappropriated by the appellant lends credence to the sequence of events, which took place in the present case.”
[ad_2]
Source link