Maharashtra allows redevelopment of standalone buildings in MHADA layouts, Real Estate News, ET Real Estate

[ad_1]

Maharashtra allows redevelopment of single buildings in MHADA layout

Mumbai: The Eknath Shinde government has revoked the April 2022 decision of the MVA regime which did not allow redevelopment of single buildings into a single block. MHADA layout.

This was applicable for Mumbai, Pune, Nashik And KonkanBut residents can now redevelop their dilapidated structures.

The MVA decision did not allow redevelopment of single buildings unless there were exceptional circumstances and instead promoted cluster redevelopment.

In a Government Resolution (GR) issued on Tuesday, the state housing department said it is not possible to get consent of more than one building for redevelopment. “Moreover, the possibility of delay in redevelopment, due to internal disputes, cannot be ruled out. This may result in loss of life and property and hence the government is considering scrapping the rule,” said the GR.

Last week, President Draupadi Murmu also approved amendments to the MHADA Act, allowing forcible acquisition and redevelopment of old and dilapidated buildings in the island city by the housing authority. There are over 16,000 such buildings in the island city and redevelopment of 56 buildings has been stalled for years.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *