[ad_1]
Gurugram: Three families of towers E and F are yet to move out of their flats Chintels ParadisoAfter two women died in the collapse of another building (Tower D) last year, an audit revealed that the Sector 109 society was riddled with structural defects.
Two families (E-1102 and F-1403) said on Tuesday that they were reluctant to move out due to lack of clarity on the compensation offered by the developer for handing over their flats. They allege that they are being forcibly vacated.
The district administration and the Department of Town and Country Planning (DTCP) have repeatedly asked families living in Towers E and F to vacate their homes after experts from IIT-Delhi declared both the buildings structurally unsafe this February. Ordered. The administration had also imposed prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC to vacate the buildings.
On Monday, Tower F of the society was barricaded by the developer after it was noticed that the balcony of flat 403 was coming loose.
Jitendra Malik, (60), moved into a 14th-floor flat in Tower F in April last year, two months after the cave-in, with his family of three, to spend his retirement years in peace. Now, he says, he has to move out without any clarity about his home.
“Evacuating your home without alternative accommodation is painful. All the floors above the sixth floor are in good condition and can be checked by survey, but we are being forced to evacuate. I have now rented a flat for myself in Tower C and I will vacate it after my son has his exams this Sunday,” he said.
Malik alleged that it was due to the “apathy” of the district administration and “collusion with the developer” that residents were being asked to vacate the towers, declared unfit for habitation, without a reconstruction or repair plan.
Like Malik, Divanshu Kumar (35) and his family of three moved into their Tower E flat in 2017. They say that they have not opted for the compensation offered by the developer and are being forced to vacate the house.
“The developer is not providing any alternative accommodation as I have not chosen any of the two settlement proposals offered by the developer. I will move out in a few days,” said Kumar.
“The settlement offers are vague and favor the developer. In offering compensation, the developer wants us to pay 10% of the total cost of the flat and give up all our rights, including legal ones, on an assurance to pay the balance later. There is no timeline and roadmap in the second option of reconstruction. How can I take this life long decision without clarity,” he asked.
last month, Chintels India Two options were agreed upon – to pay the flat cost of Rs 6,500 per sq ft to the home owners of towers D, E and F within four months and refund the stamp duty along with the cost of interior work in the house; Or Renovate/Reconstruct the buildings as per the recommendation of the expert.
Apart from towers E and F, towers D and G in Chintels Paradiso were also declared unsafe by IIT-Delhi experts in their structural audit report. Tower A is also showing signs of deterioration, but experts have recommended an annual structural audit for it.
The audit results of the remaining four towers (B, C, H and J) are pending.
Separately, Chintels India had called the Central Building Research Institute (CBRI) to conduct another structural audit of the towers. The developer had earlier said that it was waiting for the CBRI report to take a decision on the towers declared unsafe by IIT-Delhi experts.
According to the developer, around 74 flat owners of towers D, E and F have agreed to take the proposed compensation and 40 of them have already been paid 10% of the amount. A spokesperson for Chintels India said on Tuesday, “More flat owners are expected to opt for this option.” There are 180 flats in all the three towers.
When asked why the three families are not ready to vacate the premises until there is clarity on the compensation, the spokesperson said: “Moving out of the towers is an order by the administration only for the safety of the residents. As far as compensation is concerned, we have offered them two options to choose from. We are fully cooperating with the flat owners,” he said.
Gurgaon District Town Planner (Enforcement) Manish Yadav said that towers D, E and F should be vacated immediately for everyone’s safety. “Compensation and other related issues are being taken care of by the district administration,” he added.
[ad_2]
Source link
