Another Chintel Paradiso tower declared unsafe, likely to vacate soon ET Real Estate

[ad_1]



<p>file photo</p>
<p>,<figcaption class=file photo

Gurugram: The district administration has declared tower ji Chintel Paradiso Unsafe to live in Sector 109 due to severe structural deterioration, more than three months after it stated that towers E and F of the residential society are unfit for living.

Another building, Tower A, is still habitable but has also seen deterioration and a structural audit is recommended annually to ensure the safety of residents. The structural audit report of Towers A and G by IIT-Delhi revealed the defects, which was released by the district administration on Friday.

The report also states that the concrete used in Tower G has been found to contain high levels of chlorides, which has caused steel bars to rust, making the building unsafe. The tower has a total of 56 flats and currently 34 families are living there. Tower A has 64 flats, of which 60 are occupied.

“We have declared Tower G unsafe for housing as the IIT-Delhi audit report said it is in danger, while Tower A is considered safe for the time being. But it will need to be structurally audited again next year. required as its condition is also deteriorating. We will issue a public notice and the process to vacate Tower G will begin soon. Audit reports of the remaining towers are also being sought at the earliest,” said Additional Deputy Commissioner Hitesh Meena .

is the spokesman for Chintels IndiaThe developer, said: “We are yet to receive the official report on these two towers from the district administration. We will wait for the report from the Central Building Research Institute (CBRI), which is conducting its own structural audit, before jumping in.” at any conclusion”.

IIT-Delhi, in its report submitted on February 14 this year, had already declared Towers E and F unsafe to live in. The process of settlement of compensation for the flat owners of towers D, E and F is going on under the supervision of the Deputy Commissioner. Nishant Yadav, Chintels has given what it has called a “final offer” to the residents of these three towers to opt for compensation or get their flats repaired or reconstructed.

Till now, around 12 families have not vacated their flats in Towers E and F despite repeated orders by the district administration to do so.

On February 10 last year, two residents of five flats in Tower D had died after the living room collapsed. After this, the district administration announced a structural audit of all the towers of the project.

TOI recently reported that the Shri Ram Sansthan had already shared a sealed test report of towers A, B, G and H with the district administration, which sent it to IIT-Delhi to analyze and recommend Whether the structures are fit for habitation or not. The reports of two other towers C and J are expected within a month. Chintels has offered to refund the stamp duty amount along with compensation of Rs 6,500 per sq ft to the residents of towers D, E and F and the cost of interior work. As a second option, Chintels has offered to repair and/or reconstruct the towers based on the CBRI’s recommendations.

  • Published on June 3, 2023 at 09:02 AM IST

Join a community of 2M+ industry professionals

Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the latest insights and analysis.

Download e-Realty App

  • get realtime updates
  • Save your favorite articles


scan to download app


[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *